Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I love Portland

Toys at Cargo

Oregonians

The Red Guard with pink flowers at Cargo.

Handpainted sign on Mississippi St.


Flutter on Mississippi Street. Wonderful clutter.


Colorful Frocks outside of Flutter on a sunny day.

At Cargo

Rainbow shoes at Cargo

I'm just back from an artist's date to Portland. It was just an overnight, I stayed at the youth hostel in the NW neighborhood, otherwise known as "Nob Hill". I like it because its a ten minute walk to the Pearl District downtown. Easy access to Powell's world of books and one of my favorite stores, Cargo. After spending the morning in the Pearl, buying a new book on felting by Sheila Smith and having an excellent reuben sandwich at Kenny and Zukes, I drove over to explore the Alberta Street neighorhood. From there I went to Mississippi Street which was my favorite part of the day. See a few pictures here...more to come.

Portland is inspiring!

No comments: