Friday, February 8, 2013

Hearts From My Hands

Sterling Silver heart
I've been in a heart making frenzy, working in metal mostly to get Valentine's Day items ready for my etsy shop. I made a heart die using a product called Faux Bone and I've been using it to form 3-D heart shapes. First I anneal and texture the metal so they all have interesting surface treatment. Then I usually add a patina, liver of sulpher or dormant spray to make the surface more interesting. I've put a few of them on sterling silver chains, some just on a simple black rubber necklace. Here is what I've done so far....
XOX Pendant Copper and Brass
Sterling Silver Heart with Hammered Texture

Brass Heart


Sterling Silver heart with patina and net texture

Back side of pendant



2 comments:

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Diane. Your necklaces are lovely. Also liked your needle felted dolls and knitting as well. Oh, yeah, also liked your earrings--just beautiful.
best from Tunisia,
nadia

diane said...

Thanks for the compliment Nadia. It's cool to know that someone in Tunisia is viewing my blog.
Diane