Friday, June 24, 2011

I'm off to Penland

Tomorrow morning I'm leaving to go to Penland for a two week workshop. For years I have heard what a wonderful place it is to go and be immersed in art making. I'll fly into Asheville N.C and spend the night with friends, then head out for Penland, a 1 1/2 hour drive. I'm taking a workshop in a medium that is new for me. Quilting. This workshop is lead by Sherri Lynn Wood and focuses on Improvisational Quiltmaking. It's called Mapping the Rhythm of Attention. I'm sure I'll have lots to show and report when I get back on July. Until then.....
Sherri Lynn Wood, Color Study: Red
Wedge, quilt: hand-dyed cotton, glass
beads, machine- and hand-pieced,
hand-quilted, 52 x 68 in

2 comments:

nancy neva gagliano said...

sounds perfect! and i know friends who have loved penland....excited for you.
no taos and sas this year...
had my time there this month for my "show"...but, my heartstrings will miss "the gathering"...love that week at mabel's.
a year off i figure.
will look for your comments on the workshop at penland! nn

diane said...

Hi Neva,

You would love it here. different than Taos, but equally special. I would like to go to Mabel's next year too. Taking a year off is good. Congratulations on your show.
d.